Thursday, June 23, 2005

Now You Really Know?

As I was watching 21Alive News last night (it was an accident!), they did their obligitory teasing of a story in today's Journal Gazette. I don't know what the terms of the partner-in-news agreement the two organizations have, but part of it seems to be WPTA promoting a story in the following morning's newspaper. Yesterday, it wasn't an exciting, breaking news story that Keith Edwards was talking about -- instead it was a Frank Gray column on the retirement of the Oyster Bar's oyster shucker.

I just read the column, and it's not bad. But it's also not, in my opinion, worthy of the "tomorrow in the JG" tease. That's something that should be reserved for harder news, or in-depth features that uncover something other than just a sentimental story. Frank Gray writes a column for the paper every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I know those editions will include his work. So telling me that he's got a column in the following day's edition doesn't tell me anything I don't already know, or give me a special incentive I wouldn't otherwise have to go out and get the paper.

Just some food for thought...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?