Friday, July 15, 2005

Stalling?

The opening paragraphs to Steve Penhollow's column today:
In I Corinthians, Paul counsels adults to “put away childish things.”

As we’ve all learned, some childish things are easier to put away than others.

If given a choice, I think many of us who believe maturity has robbed us of too many of life’s sillier mysteries might continue to adhere to our first impressions of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny; continue to believe that there really is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow; and continue to believe that sea monkeys are actual primates.

And what, one would naturally ask, do these first few paragraphs have to do with what the column is actually about?

I'll let you know when I figure that out.

UPDATE: Let me put this another way: after reading the opening paragraphs, do you the reader have any idea what this is going to be about?




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?